Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Groups just short of 5 participants

In the Dodecad Project, I post average results and population portraits for groups that have at least 5 participants. Moreover, I often re-use such groups for regional studies and analyses.

In the most recent count of such populations, there were 17 populations and 143 individuals. I am currently in the process of re-organizing my collection, as some populations can now be split, and new ones created. For example, I have several North African submitters from a wide variety of countries that will join the publicly available Moroccan, Mozabite, and Egyptian samples in the reference populations. I also have enough Swedes and Norwegians and I might be able to split the Scandinavian population.

In total, by my most recent tabulation, I have 208 individuals organized in 19 populations, i.e., 45% more people than only a month ago! I encourage all individuals who meet the eligibility criteria to join the project during the current submission opportunity.

In particular, some groups are just 1-2 individuals short of the 5-person mark. I list them below:
  • Chinese
  • Danish
  • French
  • Japanese
  • Polish
If you have 4 grandparents from one of these groups, I would especially appreciate your participation.

Whether you belong to a group already represented in the Project, or to one that is not, your participation will be helpful. In the former case, you help build up sample size and confidence in the properties of the population. In the latter, you are filling a gap in the Eurasian landscape, encouraging others of your group to also join.

No comments:

Post a Comment