Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Open-ended submission opportunity for 23andMe/Family Finder data (#3)

Who is eligible

Everyone who is of European, Asian, or North African ancestry and all four of his/her grandparents are from the same European, Asian, or North African ethnic group or the same European, Asian, or North African country.

Please do not submit samples of relatives, as these make analysis difficult. I consider 2nd cousins and closer relatives to be related.

See note on eligibility criteria on possible exceptions, but send e-mail to me first (not data) to confirm that I can accept your sample.

I am sorry that I can't process everyone's data, so if you don't fit the above criteria and you feel you should be included, feel free to write to me and I will keep it in mind. Also, you can subscribe to the feed for future opportunities to submit your data.

Note that I take data quality very seriously, and participants who misrepresent their ancestry or submit samples of relatives without consultation will be excluded from the Project.

What you will receive

You will receive the standard K=10 analysis results such as this, and you will also be eligible for other types of tests such as Galore analysis, IBS comparisons, experimental tests or regional studies.

Your raw data or genealogical information will not be shared or distributed in any manner, and it will not be analyzed for any other purpose than assessment of ancestry (i.e., not for any physical or health-related traits). It will be identified by a unique ID, known to you and me, and results will be posted in the blog using that ID. I will continue to analyze your data for ancestry, and new results will be posted using that same ID. Also, I will report aggregate results for populations with at least 5 participants.

What to send

Send your zipped autosomal data to dodecad@gmail.com. I can accept data in either 23andMe or FTDNA Family Finder format. Also let me know something about your ancestry (e.g., ethnic group, country of origin of grandparents, or anything else that might be useful).

5 comments:

  1. Thank you for your response. I look forward to the day I can join! In the meantime I enjoy this blog very much.

    Thanks, Miles Kehoe

    ReplyDelete
  2. If the admixture is at the ggg grandparent level does this still make me eligible? (aka 99% North European and 1% North American)

    ReplyDelete
  3. If the admixture is at the ggg grandparent level does this still make me eligible? (aka 99% North European and 1% North American)

    "North American" is not a European, Asian, or North African country or ethnic group.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dienekes,

    would you accept a Georgian with a Ukrainian maternal grandmother?

    ReplyDelete